The Town Clerk is responsible for:
- Marriage licenses
- Raffle and bazaar permits
- Issues with dog and kennel licenses
- Burial permits, business certificates,
- Fuel storage permits and respond to inquiries from the public.
- Provides knowledge and assistance in a fair and impartial manner to all.
- Serves as the central information point for local residents and citizens at large.
- Administers and records all oaths of office.
- Posts meetings of all governmental bodies.
- Responsible for informing all elected and appointed officials of the State’s Open Meeting Law and Conflict of Interest Laws.
- Provides access to public records
- Responsible for submittal of new by-laws to the State Attorney General for approval.
- Records and certifies all official actions of the Town, including town meeting legislation and appropriations, Planning, and Zoning Board decisions.
- Certifies all notes for borrowing and is the keeper of the Town Seal.
- Records all pole locations approved by the Selectmen.
- Registers all vital events (births, deaths, marriages, and adoptions) occurring within the community.
- Records and preserves original vital records providing the basis for the Commonwealth’s central vital registration system.
- Provides certified copies of vital records and assists with genealogical research.
Chief Election Official
- Conducts all town, state, and federal elections and certifies nomination papers and initiative petitions.
- Assists voters interested in running for public office.
- Supervises voter registration and absentee balloting.
- Conducts annual town census, and annual street lists and assists the Jury Commissioner with the preparation of the Jury list.
- Assists the Secretary of the Commonwealth with maintaining the Commonwealth’s Central Voter Registry
- Public Records & Contact Information
- Public Meeting Agendas
- Public Meeting Minutes
- Public Meetings Schedule
Election & Voting Information
- Election Calendar & Information
- Openings for Annual Town Election (PDF)
- Campaign Finance Reports
- Street Index/Precincts (PDF)
- Register to Vote
- Absentee Ballot Request (English) (PDF)
- Absentee Ballot Request (Spanish) (PDF)
- Town Bylaws
- Ethics & Conflict of Interest Laws for municipal employees
- Elected Officials
- Precinct Members
- Town Business Calendar
Find the following information at the Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts webpage:
- Voter Registration Information
- Absentee Ballot Information
- Voting for Military & Overseas Citizens
- View Statewide Ballot Questions
- Downloadable Forms